Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Amenra - Mass III-II + IIII (2011)

Compilation, Tokyo Jupiter Records
October, 2011


Genre: Atmospheric Sludge
Region: Belgium

Yes I'm posting Amenra again. Why would anyone complain? I don't know.

This is the recent re-release/remaster of Mass III-II + Mass IIII from Tokyo Jupiter Records. If you don't have a copy of it (cd/vinyl) I suggest picking this one up from them, especially if you're not in North America. This contains the live variation of "Shapeless Pain" from their 23.10 Live Ritual DVD which is slower, more intense, and absolutely devastating. Colin's vocals are unbelievable.

I've posted both albums before but you can never have enough Amenra — never. Their next Mass is my most anticipated album for next year easily. To put it bluntly: they are unarguably one of the heaviest bands on the planet right now. Steve Von Till (Neurosis), Dwid Hellion (Integrity) and Jacob Bannon (Converge) concur:

"Amenra is deep, and real, and moving, and incredibly inspiring. A heavy, sonic spiritual quest awaits you at Mass in the Church of Ra" - Steve Von Till

"Mass IIII is the music within the darkest black dream" - Dwid Hellion

"Amenra in my opinion are one of the most interesting and powerful bands in aggressive music" - Jacob Bannon

Support them. Enough said.

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire) (Mass III-II)
DOWNLOAD (Mediafire) (Mass IIII)

6 comments:

  1. The "Mass III-IIII Japan limited edition" 2CDS+DVDR is already sold out... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know man, I didn't get to it quick enough either. Settled for just the 2CDs digi. Nice packaging though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting this. I had never even heard of these guys and they have annihilated me over the past few days. I just bought the 23.10 live dvd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey bud, my package just arrived today from Tokyo Jupiter Rec, it was fast, just to let you know that it's beauuuuuuuuuutiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome man. Yeah the packaging is great. I've heard complaints about the production and I can agree that it's not great compared to past versions — but that live Shapeless Pain is unbelievably heavy. Worth it just for that imo especially for an Amenra fan.

    ReplyDelete