Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Axis of Perdition - Tenements (Of the Anointed Flesh) (2011)


Industrial/Atmospheric Black Metal
England
224 kb/s

The Axis of Perdition has for a long time been one of my favorite black metal bands, ever since I listened to their first LP, The Ichneumon Method (And Less Welcome Techniques). That album and their EP, Physical Illucinations in the Sewer of Xuchibara (The Red God) were extremely chaotic with harsh distorted vocals and with dark ambient whip cream. Their second LP, Deleted Scene from the Transition Hospital drifted towards more dark ambient and less black metal. And Urfe was almost a straight up audio book.

So this album, is kind of a surprising turn backwards. With some new twists. I can't really compare this album their previous works at all except for a few small details. Yes, this is harsh atmospheric scary black metal like The Ichneumon Method but it's as chaotic. You can find better comparisons from the band Blut Aus Nord. At first, I didn't like the idea and almost blew the album off. But I gave it another listen and it grew on me. So you guy's should give it a try and listen for yourselves.

DOWNLOAD(Mediafire)

2 comments: