Sunday, November 6, 2011

Jääportit / Umbra Nihil / Aarni / Caput LVIIIm - Tribute to H.P. Lovecraft - Yogsothery - Gate 1: Chaosmogonic Rituals of Fear (2010, Split)


Funeral Doom, Dark Ambient, Psychedelic, Drone
Finland
320 kb/s

From what I got, my friend found this album and bought on impulse. He gave it to me and said "I totally had to show you this." I'm glad he did, I'm a sucker for H.P. Lovecraft shit. At first, I wasn't expecting much but when I finally listened it grew on me. It's haunting, trippy, and very sifi. Basically what I feel when I read a story by Lovecraft. The track I have a problem with is Lovecraft Knew, as Aarni sounds kind of weak compared to the other artists here.

“Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.”
H. P. Lovecraft, The Dunwich Horror


1 comment: