Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thrones / Sedan - Split (2011)

Split,  Joe Preston's Solid Gold Recordings
April 24th, 2011


Genre: Doom/Drone/Post-Rock
Region: USA

Since I didn't see this up elsewhere yet I figured I'd put it up here. I think it's vinyl only so yeah.

Joe Preston is a nice guy and has made heavy tunes for a long time. Both shows I've been to he puts on a great set and acts quite friendly before, during, and after all the doom.

This is his most recent release with a band called Sedan which I don't know anything about. They seem to be a instrumental/post-metal-ish band and offer up one 12 minute track "Erdman Set : El Jefe" to coincide with Joe's 14 minute spacey, droney, alienesque song "Bridal Veil". It's much quieter and ambient than Sedans side and has the trippy voice modulation found on tracks like Obolous. Sedan's track is surprisingly good, nice drumming and quite atmospheric with an 'ancient' psychedelic vibe around it (like a tamed Grails).

You can get a copy from him on his recent tour or over here.

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire)
DOWNLOAD (Zippyshare)

2 comments: